Monday, November 06, 2006

Part 2.....Finally!

Now that I'm over a week behind, I figured I'd better get on here and do some blogging. And so after that being said, welcome to the last week of my life....

Our weekend together was wonderful. Not too much happened. We were just able to relax and spend some good quality time together. Something that doesn't happen all that often with a baby and 2 older kids around all of the time! My mom took Abram for the day on Saturday for us. It was definitely nice to have no kids at all. Although, I have to admit that most of the time is spent with me wondering how he's doing and doing all I can to NOT pick up the phone to check on him. Sad....I know!

Wes and I ended up going to Courtenay on Saturday to pick up an engine for his "baby". Unfortunately, the engine was crap and so not what the guy said it was, so we didn't get it. And so, it ended up being a pointless drive, but was still wonderful as it was just the two of us. Oh, his "baby" is a 1967 Oldsmobile. It's pretty funny how much he sees in this car (2 cars actually....one is for parts) and when I look at it all I see is a rusty ugly looking piece of crap! Makes me feel good though that he can look at something like that and see the beauty that is yet to come.....kinda like that "after baby body"?? Or so I hope! :) Him and Richard are in the process of restoring it.

The rest of the weekend was pretty much just spent around the house here. Did some stuff in the yard, and relaxed. Uneventful I know, but very nice all the same.
Oh, have I mentioned that I got a new van? Yup...I'm officially a minni-van mommy. Yippee! That's right folks, we've gone from driving around in a GT Mustang feeling like a hot momma, to driving around in a minni van feeling like....well....I guess every other mommy out there pretty much! Okay...I can't complain about it that much. It's very nice to drive, I feel very safe in it, and the best part is that I don't put my back out every time I put Abram in the car! And on top of that, when we all go somewhere together, we don't have to take two vehicles anymore! I do miss the car though. I'll get over it I am sure. Well I am ending this one here...I know it's not very excited, but am in the process of writing more in which you should get much more enjoyment....it's just really long so I am going to post it seperatly......will be done in a couple of hours so make sure you check back!!


0 comments: