Friday, October 27, 2006

The Start of My Weekend.... Part 1

So Wes and the kids (the older 2) left at around 1:00pm on Friday to go catch the ferry. As soon as they left, I fed Babe and put him down for his nap. While he was sleeping I did a crazy house clean, as I wanted to spend my weekend relaxing in a clean house. Not that my house is usually messy, but with two teenagers and a husband it's hard to keep it tidy all of the time. So I thought it would be wonderful to have it clean and not have to pick up after everyone all weekend! I know....it doesn't sound all that exciting, but I really was excited!! So I got the house nice and clean just in time for Babe to wake up. Well....then it all began. I get him up and start feeding him and he takes a HUGE crap. Not just a normal crap, but the kind that leak out of every side of the diaper, so he ends up covered in pooh! I take him to his room, put him on the change table start cleaning him all up, go to put the new diaper on and he starts barfing! I sit him up quickly so that he's not choking on his barf and as I do this he starts craping again! Not only do I end up covered in barf, but the way that I was holding him up lined his cute little butt up with my stomach, so yah.....barf and pooh all over me! I stood there for a minute pondering on whether I should cry or laugh and trying to figure out how to clean this up. The only thing I could think was "I WANT MY MOMMY!!" Funny how I still think my mommy can fix all my problems! I ended up transporting us both covered in barf and pooh to the bathroom, and was able to get us both in the tub to clean off. Once we were somewhat clean, I drained the tub and put some fresh none barfy poohy water in and we hung out and had some good bonding time together. That was it for the barfing, but the weekend was only starting!!
By 6pm that night the poor thing had the worst cold ever! I was heart broken! His nose was running like mad and he was coughing sooo much. Every time I would put him to bed, he'd start choking on all the snot running down his throat. My poor little man! So in all, our weekend together didn't end up being how I planned.
But on a good note....I'm in the middle of enjoying my weekend with Wes, and mom is about to take Abram for the day, so this post is going to end here, but I will continue it as soon as I can! I really do have lots to write about, I just need to find the time to do it!

4 comments:

CeCe said...

Awww, sorry that sucked so bad! Poor little guy! I'm surprised YOU didn't barf too! (I would have, or at least dry heaved)

shandelle said...

It's so hard to watch them be soo sick heh! Hopefully your much needed time alone with Wes goes much better.

shandelle said...

hey. how come you haven't gone to my blog lately? Miss ya.

shandelle said...

is princess my old cat? the one I gave to Stephanie years ago. Are you still in Parksville. Are you in your parents old house? Is Donna doing well?