Thursday, December 14, 2006

Mad Rush.......

The plan was to catch the ferry tomorrow afternoon, in order for us to have the kids (older) in Seattle for Saturday morning to catch their flight to go spend Christmas with their mom. (that's a really long sentence) So I woke up this morning, and started getting some stuff together as packing to go away with a baby seems like such a big job. There's so much to NOT forget! I was going to use all day today to get things done, so that tomorrow morning I wouldn't be in a huge panic. Yah well, guess what?? As of this afternoon the word is that there will be NO ferry sailings tomorrow do to yet ANOTHER freak storm we Islanders are getting. Really, what's up with this weather? It's freakin SNOWING AGAIN right now!! So after having somewhat of a relaxing morning, Wes came home from work for lunch, and tells me to start packing because we are catching the 5:45 TONIGHT! WOW!! STRESS OVERLOAD! Funny thing is that during our last storm we were saying how much it must suck for those people that depend on the BC Ferries to get on and off of this Island on a constant basis. Well, now we are one of those people! It's weird to think that you HAVE to get off of the Island, but might not be able too. Hopefully the wind stays somewhat calm for our sailing. We have a long night ahead of us, as we will not be getting to our destination until 12 or 1 am. Ugh...not looking forward to doing that with the Babe.
I have to admit that I'm a little sad we will not be here for the storm, as I love them........good luck to all you Islanders....go fly a kite for me! :)

Celena....don't you dare have your baby while I'm gone....or in the middle of the storm for that matter! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali.B... i know you arent a bradford anymore, but you will always be Ali.B to me!!! SO i thought that i should finally write you a little comment seeing how i always come on here and have a little looksee... and never have time to write!!! So i hope your trip went well and you get back safely... oh and i love all the new photos... dam he is handsome!! okay talk to you soon! miss yah,
Heather

shandelle said...

Heh! I can't believe you guys are getting so many storms. Christmas is going to take on a whole new look with Abe. The new post is up. Thanks for reminding me!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Alisha!
Wow...I didn't know you had a blog! This is cool. Now I can catch up on all the news! And I added you as a friend on myspace although I hardly use that one. As you can tell by the fact there isn't a photo on there. Sorry we didn't meet up when I was in Parksville. It was totally last minute and rushed and right after Christmas...didn't want to impose but in retrospect probably a silly thought! I'll be back!!!

Hope you had a great Christmas/New Year's.

Take care and lots of love,
Sonya